List of All Airtel Call Tariff Plans and Migration Codes – 2019
Airtel is one of Nigeria’s customer-friendly networks offering affordable and cheap plans. Airtel stands out among network providers from calls to data plans. I’ve collected information about Airtel’s various tariff plans.
Choosing the right plan on your Airtel sim will save you lots of money in the long run. This is a list of all Airtel tariff plans and migration codes.
Summary of 2019 Airtel Tariff Plans and Migration Codes
|Smart PREMIER||11 kobo/sec||*318#|
|Smart TRYBE||11 kobo/sec||*312#|
|Smart TALK||11 kobo/sec||*315#|
|Smart TRYBE JUNIOR||40 kobo/sec||*317#|
|Smart CONNECT||60 kobo/sec||New Airtel SIM|
|Smart VALUE||15 kobo/sec||*314#|
|Value Plan||11 kobo/sec||*243#|
This article focuses on five tariffs beginning with the default plan (smartconnect). Below is a list of calls tariff plans for airtel Nigeria, but some came with a bonus for data browsing.
- SmartTalk 2.0.
1.) Airtel SmartConnect Tariff Plan.
SmartCONNECT is Airtel’s default bonus plan for prepaid customers that offers an INSTANT bonus of 100% on each data bundle plus an 8-times bonus on each recharge.
How to migrate:
- · Just buy a new Airtel SIM Card.
- · Register the SIM at any Airtel KYC registration point.
- · Insert the SIM in your phone.
- · Recharge to start enjoying SmartCONNECT bonuses.
SmartConnect Benefits & Features.
Smart Connect call plan from airtel network comes with some benefits. They include.
- 800% value of 100 Naira and above airtime recharge for the first 3 months after activation.
- Main account: 100%.
- Voice bonus account: 250%.
- Data bonus account: 250%.
- Social bonus account: 100%.
- Family and friends bonus account: 100%.
- Add, remove and check list of family and friends number with *311*2*number#, *311*3*number# and *311*4# respectively.
- Social bonus is valid for 7 days and usable only on Facebook, twitter, bbm and whatsapp.
- Data bonus account will be charged when you surf the internet with your browser.
- You get 100% of your total recharge (N200 & above) in a month as data bonus on the last day of the month.
- That’s total recharge of N600 in a month gives 600 Naira data bonus charged at 5 Naira per MB.
Airtel SmartConnect Call Rate.
Calls to both local and international numbers will be charged on your main account and voice bonus account.
Any calls made to friends and family number which must be an airtel number will be charged on the family and friends bonus account.
- Family & Friends Call Rate: 40 Kobo/Second or 24 Naira/Minute.
- Main Bonus Account Call Rate: 50 Kobo/Second or 30 Naira/Minute for both local and international calls.
- Voice Bonus Account Call Rate: 60 Kobo/Second or 36 Naira/Minute for local calls and 50 Kobo/Sec for international calls.
Let’s digress a little and determine the talktime for 100 Naira airtime recharge.
100 Naira give 800 Naira with bonus right?
- Main account: N100 Naira.
- Voice Account: N250 Naira.
- Family and friends (F & F) account: 100 Naira.
Data and social bonus accounts are irrelevant for talktime calculation since they can only be used to browse.
For Local Calls.
Main Account: 100 Naira @ 30 N/M gives 100/30 = 3.333 minutes talktime.
Voice bonus account: N250 @ 36 N/M gives 250/36 = 6.94 minutes talktime.
F & F account: N100 @ 24 N/M gives 100/24 = 4.17 minutes talktime.
Total = 3.33 + 6.94 + 4.17 = 14.44 minutes or 14 minutes 26 seconds talktime.
For International Calls.
Call rate is 50 K/s or 30 N/min on main and voice accounts.
With total airtime of 100 + 250 = 350 Naira charges @ 30N/min.
Talktime = 350/30 = 11.67 minutes or 11 minutes 40 seconds.
Local Call with 100 Naira Airtime: 14.44 minutes or 14 minutes 26 seconds talktime.
International Call with N100 Airtime: 11.67 minutes or 11 minutes 40 seconds talktime.
2.) Airtel SmartTalk 2.0 Tariff Plan.
Airtel smartTALK 2.0 is an exciting prepaid plan that allows subscribers to:
- Call all networks in Nigeria at 11 kobo per second (from the very first second) for a daily access fee of N5 charged on your first call of the day.
- Make international calls to the United States, Canada, China, India and the United Kingdom at 20 kobo per second.
- The first call of the day (on-net / off-net) could only be initiated by subscribers with a minimum balance of N5 Main account. This does not apply to subscribers with valid voice bundles such as Talk More, Premier Connect, MAX EXTRA Weekend, etc.
To migrate, Simply dial *315# or send YES to 315 and start calling friends, family and everyone in Nigeria for 11k per second all day, all night!
How many minutes will I get with N100 airtime on SmartTalk call plan?
Let’s do the calculations:
- Daily Access Fee: N5.00 Naira (100 – 5 = N95.00 left)
- N0.11kobo X 60 seconds = N6.6k
- So, with N100 recharge card, you will get > N95/N6.6 ≅ 14 minutes 39 seconds
3.) Airtel SmartTrybe Tariff Plan.
SmartTRYBE is Airtel’s special plan to keep you connected to everything your Trybe has to offer! With the best data and call rates for all networks, night browsing for your favorite movies, series and music and special weekend deals, you’ll never miss anything.
- Calls at 11k/sec to all networks
- 1GB for N500. Valid for 7 days
- Night Browsing
- N25 for 500MB. Valid between 12 and 5 am
- N50 for 1GB
To migrate to smartTRYBE dial *312#.
How To Migrate To SMARTTRYBE
- Just dial *312# or send YES to 312. For campus offer dial *312*1# or send CAMPUS to 312.
How many minutes will I get with N100 airtime on smartTRYBE call plan?
Let’s do the calculations:
- First 50 secs: N0.20kobo X 50 seconds = N10.00 Naira (100 – 10 = N90.00 left)
- N0.11kobo X 60 seconds = N6.6k
- So, with N100 recharge card, you will get > N90/N6.6 + (50 secs) ≅ 14 minutes 14 seconds
4.) Airtel SmartPremier Tariff Plan.
This airtel call plan is similar to both smart-talk and smart-trybe tariff in terms of call rate.
But there is a little discrepancy.
SmartPremier Benefits & Features.
- Recharge of N5000 and above within a month attracts up to 500 minutes of free incoming calls while roaming.
- 150MB data bonus on every recharge.
Airtel SmartPremier Call Rate.
Call rate is 11 Kobo/Second or 6.6 Naira per minute after the first minute of call @ 40 Kobo/Second or 24 Naira per minute.
So let’s calculate for 100 Naira airtime recharge.
For the first minute: Call rate is 24 Naira.
Talktime for the remaining 76 Naira @ 6.6 Naira per minute = 76/6.6 = 11.52 minutes.
Total talktime = first 1 minute + 11.52 minutes = 12.52 minutes or 12 minutes 31 seconds.
There is no daily access fee like smart-talk but there is a hidden charges on the first minute of call in a day.
How to Migrate to Airtel SmartPremier Tariff Plan.
The migration code for airtel smart premier is *318#.
5.) Airtel SmartValue Tariff Plan.
This is another awesome tariff plan from airtel network with no daily access fee or hidden charges.
SmartValue Airtel Call Rate.
Call rate to all Nigerian networks is 15 Kobo/Second or 9 Naira per minute.
International call rate is 20 Kobo/Second or 12 Naira per minute.
Let’s calculate talktime for 100 Naira airtime recharge.
Talktime for local calls @ 9 Naira per minute = 100/9 = 11.11 minutes or 11 minutes 7 seconds.
Talktime for International calls @ 12 Naira/min = 100/12 = 8.333 minutes or 8 minutes 20 seconds.
Airtel SmartValue Migration Code.
To migrate to smart-value call plan, dial *314#.